First Successful 3D print

2016-10-29 14:50 - Making

A 2cm by 2cm by 2mm square.  Mostly successful.

I've been continuing to set up my new 3D printer, after first assembling it last weekend. This is the first object that I could call successful. After lots of time spent in calibration for the height I went back and checked the diagonal arms which were indeed not all the same length and fixed that last night. Today I tried a couple prints which completely failed to stick to the build plate. A layer of blue painters' tape completely fixed that! This particular test object seemed to stop extruding partially through the top layer, but it's close enough, so I'm calling it my first success!


No comments!

Post a comment:

  If you do not have an account to log in to yet, register your own account. You will not enter any personal info and need not supply an email address.

You may use Markdown syntax in the comment, but no HTML. Hints:

If you are attempting to contact me, ask me a question, etc, please send me a message through the contact form rather than posting a comment here. Thank you. (If you post a comment anyway when it should be a message to me, I'll probably just delete your comment. I don't like clutter.)